Details about this Career
Weller Brothers provides the highest quality landscape design and lawn maintenance services to customers in the Midwest. We are looking for a motivated and passionate Fertilizer Specialist to become part of our team.
All job inquiries and interviews will be kept completely confidential.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Maintain and apply fertilizers and chemicals to lawns, landscape plants and trees
- Identify and diagnose turf and landscape plant issues and diseases. Recommend treatments and repairs as needed to customers
- Restock service vehicles/trailers accurately and efficiently daily
- Hold teammates accountable for timeliness, professionalism, and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and perform other lawn maintenance related duties as needed
- Manage and track daily route
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Willingness to work long hours to get the job done on time
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive wages for the best talent and for individuals who want to advance their career
- Simple IRA with company match
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Year-round employment
- Excellent advancement opportunities
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Ample overtime during the summer work season
- Turf Management or similar degree or 3+ years of experience in the fertilizer/chemical applications field
- Pesticide Applicators License required
- Must be able to work 5-6 days a week
- Eagerness, ability, and willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate with customers professionally and regularly to answer questions and solve problems
- Significant knowledge and experience in operating common fertilization/chemical application equipment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Perform physical tasks on the job site for at least one hour per day, including heavy lifting
The Weller Brothers Way
Our Mission and Roots guide us in our decision and actions every day. They are not just written words; they are our culture.
Why Work Here?
You can work anywhere. So why work at Weller Brothers?
You can be somebody here, and we believe that we are the best employer in the Midwest.