Details about this Career
Weller Brothers provides the highest quality landscape design lawn maintenance services to customers in the Midwest. We are looking for a motivated and passionate Landscape Architect/Designer to join our team.
All job inquiries and interviews will be kept completely confidential.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
This position requires an individual to be creative while ensuring that the projects are completed in a safe professional manner, within budget, and on time. We are looking for a dynamic individual who is always looking for ways to incorporate new ideas into designs while keeping up-to-date on new plant introductions and hardscape materials.
Our clients expect the best from us, and it starts with innovative, exciting, and practical designs that function well in a residential environment.
The ideal candidate:
- has a residential architecture design background and experience with all aspects of residential architecture, design, and installation.
- has strong leadership skills and the desire to be involved in building a team.
- enjoys being challenged and takes the initiative to overcome challenges.
- enjoys residential landscape architecture, design, and significant attention to detail.
- will be required to specify materials and oversee project construction, therefore, significant knowledge of all landscape and plant materials and installation techniques is required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive wages
- Simple IRA with company match
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Year-round employment
- Prepare architectural plans, designs, estimates, and planting schemes, then present them to client(s) in a timely and effective manner
- Manage the production of their installation crew, including understanding landscape construction techniques and communicating with customers
- Understand and implement ways to propose and sell high-quality designs to clients
- Build solid business relationships with clients
- Assist with change order estimates and revisions as requested
- Assist with other special projects as they arise
Candidate Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelors degree in Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, Design, or equivalent experience
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Significant local horticulture knowledge
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Customer service experience
- Willingness to go above and beyond to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and on budget
The Weller Brothers Way
Our Mission and Roots guide us in our decision and actions every day. They are not just written words; they are our culture.
Why Work Here?
You can work anywhere. So why work at Weller Brothers?
You can be somebody here, and we believe that we are the best employer in the Midwest.