Details about this Career
This is an entry-level arborist position that requires some tree identification knowledge. If you are hard-working, reliable, and willing to learn, this could be your way into a fast-growing career. You must be able to lift 50lbs and work outdoors for 8-10 hours each day. Your on-site trainer will help you obtain the knowledge to professionally care for trees. Along with this, you will learn the correct protocol to spray, inject and soil drench products related to plant health care. We will help you study to obtain a chemical applicators license and then provide study material to become an ISA certified arborist. As you can see, we’re ready to help the right person succeed.
Compensation and Benefits
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Simple IRA with company match
- Complete day-to-day tasks including but not limited to pruning, trimming, cutting, chemical applications, and other lawn and landscape maintenance tasks
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner. Use knowledge of the landscape industry to inform and educate customers
- Must be able to obtain a state-specific applicators license
- Acquires and stores pesticide and herbicide solutions; mixes or dilutes specified chemicals or materials according to directions and applies them at the recommended rate
- Able to use outdoor maintenance and power equipment, variety of hand tools, and legally operate a motor vehicle
- Willingness to work as part of a team or alone, in all weather conditions
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical labor on a daily basis
- Installs, adjusts, and performs minor repairs on equipment
- Follow all policies as specified in the Employee Handbook
- Commit the hours necessary to make sure the job is done to satisfaction
- Make decisions that are in the best interest of the company
- Assist in maintaining all Weller Brothers equipment
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work and communicate professionally with customers and team members
- Snow removal
- Other duties needed to help drive and fulfill the Weller Brothers Mission
Candidate Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma/GED required
- One year experience preferred but not required
- Tree and plant ID preferred but not required
The Weller Brothers Way
Our Mission and Roots guide us in our decision and actions every day. They are not just written words; they are our culture.
Why Work Here?
You can work anywhere. So why work at Weller Brothers?
You can be somebody here, and we believe that we are the best employer in the Midwest.